BLOGLOVIN'

Follow

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Spring time sewing projects

Happy May!!

I m taking part in MeMadeMay this year, pledging to wear an item of home made clothes every day this month. But on top of that, I ve got a lot of sewing to do!! My sewing plans fit into 3 buckets

Trousers & Shorts:
I did the sewoverit Ultimate trousers course recently which was great (blog coming soon on that one) and now I ve got the perfect pattern & can remember how to make them, I m planning to make up another pair of trousers & 2 pairs of shorts.  I currently have no shorts & never find any that I like the fit of so it will be nice to make some for when summer arrives :)  I just ordered some fabric from Fabric Godmother so I'l get cracking when it arrives.

Tops, tops and tops!!
I decided I didn't have enough tops so I went a bit crazy buying patterns.  Here we go....

First up- Aime Comme Magellan - and the 2 cotton fabrics i will make it up in.



Next one Aime comme Majestic & a stretch denim look scuba I bought which I think will work great for it below


And the final one in this series is the Aime Comme Macaroni.  I bought this double sided jersey which will work great, not sure which way round yet but the main top will be one colour & the frilly detail in the contrast- maybe also the cuff


Next up is a really simple top from Magdalena Langa called the Lobelia- its literally just one piece of fabric sewn down the sides!!  I think it could be really versatile.  First one will be in this really lightweight fabric I bought from Fabric godmother, then I plan to make a plain white one if that works out.

Not done yet!  I love this Papercut bowline sweater & was super happy when it arrived.  Not sure what fabric I ll go for- not stripes I don't think, maybe a plainish gray or navy.
 And 2 more I ve bought but not decided fabric on yet- the  la Blonde by Delphine & Morisette and the Sewaholic Pendrell


When will I ever find time to make them all?!!!   I think I got carried away with the online shopping!!!!


And thats not it!!  I ve also got some dresses to make...


Dresses for Napa...
A good friend is getting married in the Napa valley, California in June and I need a suitable wardrobe!!  I ve got 2 or 3 dresses planned for that!!  I ll share more on those shortly ;) 2 are already in progress - well cut out at least.

I better get busy!!!
Messyessymakes x

See my progress on Instagram @messyessymakes

No comments:

Post a Comment