I was super excited to sew this House of Hackney fabric- its a stretch fabric I bought at their clearance sale for £25 and it is truly stunning - very vibrant colour with a stunning drape- I pre washed it and it washed perfectly too. I picked out this Butterick vintage style dress for it.
My biggest job was cutting out- I had a strange shaped piece, significantly smaller than the specified fabric amount so I had to be careful. I also wanted to ensure i didn't put the large flowers in awkward places nor end up with them looking off balance. With such bold flowers if you ended up with 2 close together etc it would look really odd.
It was quite an easy sew actually. It has some lovely details- gathers on the shoulders and on the bodice- see pics below.
I really like the rushed bodice effect, it gives a lovely fit when on and was super easy to sew. See it inside out here:
My biggest job after cutting was fitting- given the high stretch in the fabric I had to take it in quite a bit down the sides, see my pinning below.
I actually didn't need a zip- which was good as i didn't fancy putting one in this fabric. I just finished the neck with stretch bias and that worked perfectly.