BLOGLOVIN'

Follow

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Nursery sewing

Hello!

I thought it would be nice to share some of the sewing my mum and I did to decorate our little ones nursery.

Its a small room, so we wanted to keep the walls white and add some bright accents.  When we started, we didn't know if it was a girl or boy, so its all bright and unisex.

My mum is my chief curtain maker and I just love this cloud fabric I bought and she sewed.  Its from Just fabrics, here cloud fabric


I then decided to make some kites to decorate the walls - I bought some contrasting fat quarters and made 2, one larger one for over the cot and one small one.  I just drew a template and. made it, stuffing with a bit of wadding.  I made little bows and put a loop at the end to pin them up.


I only recently finished everything - a cushion with the same fabric for on our red chair - I spend many hours sat in this chair, feeding.  The lovely throw was hand knitted by my friend Claire's mum. Its stunning colours.


Our bed and changing table are from Stokke, bought second hand and have already served us well with our first son.  I love the cot in its smallest shape, its so dinky and cute.  My mum made a cot bumper with animals on it and the mobile is from Mamas & Papas, bought a few years ago.

To finish off, I bought some wall stickers from Etsy (chocovenyl store) which were expensive but are just gorgeous!  You can see the squirrel, rabbit and birds above, and here are a few more.  Plus a wonderful woodland themed blanket that my mum made.



And  my favourite thing my mum made- which my first son also used- a lovely personalised blanket, which lives on our lounge floor for him to lie on.  And a picture from when he was tiny.


So there we have it, our lovely little nursery which our little man seems very happy in.  Not sure he will be so happy with how small the room is when he is bigger, but we will deal with that at a later stage :)



and to finish off, sharing a few outfits I made for him too.  So cute, though always sad that he only fits them for a matter of weeks!   I used the brindle and twig cross top pattern and the free baby tights pattern from Made By Rae, plus a few other things which are just cut from ready to wears.









1 comment:

  1. Let's take a glance at some points for you to think about regarding African safari clothing:
    african dresses

    ReplyDelete