BLOGLOVIN'

Follow

Monday 4 January 2016

Father Christmas brings me sewing treats



Well what can I say, Father Christmas has great taste in sewing gifts. Look at this lovely lot.... I feel very lucky indeed.

I got 4 new patterns- 2 tops, the Tilly Orla and this Simplicity vintage one and adore both. I had cut out both by Boxing Day, waiting to be sewn 😊✂️

Then these 2 sewaholic ones which I m looking forward to using. 


Next up, Chinelo's book- loved her on the sewing bee, so inspiring and can t wait to have a go! Did anyone try any of these yet? I m thinking the dress with the peplum hemline! Need to go fabric shopping first though. I had my husband take all 26 measurements the book requires last night!!
       
Next up sets of 4 big spools for my overlocker in White, cream, grey and navy. So far I only had black and so couldn t sew any paler colours!
And a book to master my overlocker 
My mum made me a sewing bag with lots of goodies in!  How cute is that!!
And she had a serious spending spree on Liberty fabric which of course was my favourite present I received!  I love all but the top one is my favourite and is already WIP! 

And last but certainly not least my husband bought me a dress form. Which was a total surprise and makes me very happy I wanted one for ages but didn't think I had room for it! Now I ll make room!!  Here she is!!  



And here is a sneak peak of my next project underway. Pattern, fabric and dress form all in use!!!!



I feel very lucky and very spoilt to have so many wonderful gifts!!  Did you get any lovely sewing gifts?

Messyessymakes 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment