BLOGLOVIN'

Follow

Saturday 2 January 2016

My new year sewing plans!


New year, new plans.  So what is in store for me this year?  I ve got 6 things in my head that I d like to have a go at...
  • Learning new things on my overlocker... not sure what yet, but something other than a basic stitch!!!!  I m interested on how to do hems and decorative stitching too. Any ideas?
  • Attempting a coat for the first time ever!
    • I ve got 3 projects in mind here.  Yes I know going from never making a coat/jacket to attempting 3 is probably a bit daft, but its good to have the ambition!  here are my 3:
      • The Papercut patterns Watson jacket

      • The Wafflepatterns Yuzu Raglan coat

      • Some form of blazer with this stunning  Avoca wool fabric I bought.  Any pattern suggestions? I want something quite boxy to work with the large checks...

  • Attempting trousers.  I m scared of making trousers.  I figure its difficult and then fear when I ve made them they either won't fit well or they ll split the first time I wear them.  But I m going to give it a go this year I promise.  I m thinking I may do one of the SewOverIt trouser courses & get stuck in.  Maybe I could use this Corduroy I bought?

  • Making some beautiful blouses with long sleeves. I ve tonnes of things with short sleeves but want some more long sleeved things.  Any pattern recommendations?   This is the first one that is cut out & ready to go.  Its the Tilly Orla pattern in a lovely fabric - I m thinking of doing a denim collar for a contrast & I ve got a great denim zip I can use.  Need to see how its going to look though, not sure whether its a great idea to combine with denim or whether it will look terrible?!
     
  • Freehand!!  I ve got the book, and I want to give it a go!! I had my husband take all the measurements which was quite amusing, now  I need to get stuck in.  Yikes.  Did anyone else try?  I m planning on starting with this dress...
I m thinking of buying this wool herringbone using patter going down for bodice and across for peplum. What do you think? 

  • Making my own pattern up!  I want to do something without a pattern.  I ve got a skirt in mind (similar to a RTW one which is really expensive that i ve seen) and I want to try making a pattern up myself for it.  I bought the fabric already!  Its a heavy weight cotton, almost like denim which feels amazing, its almost velvety!  The photo doesn't really do it justice...

Well that should keep me busy!  What are you planning?
Messyessymakes  x

No comments:

Post a Comment