BLOGLOVIN'

Follow

Saturday 7 November 2015

My winter sew list

So I ve bought SO much fabric recently, I have to get cracking through it all and I m so excited to make some fun things with it all.  I thought I'd do a round up of my plans.  Would love your ideas too!


Make 1:  I bought the Mathilde pattern at the Handmade fair and bought the stunning Dragonfly fabric from SewOverIt.  I plan to make this up, using the Liberty Chapel print as a highlight- I plan to use that to cover the buttons for the back and to put a little bit of detail on the front and maybe the cuff).  The photo doesn't show it too well but the colour of the dragonfly with the colour of the Liberty print work beautifully.

Make 2: Still on my Tilly patterns.  I ve already done one Agnes top which I love and now I ve bought an overlocker so I m going to get that up & running & power through another 3 in these fabrics (Assuming I make friends with the overlocking machine ;) ).  One is a grey/black reversible ponte, one is a checked stretchy wool and one is a jersey with a gold print on one side.  I ll use the gold side only not the front panel and use it in reverse for the sleeves and back so I m not too sparkly!!


 Make 3:  I m going to make 2 of these sweaters from October Burda magazine.  One is a dark green boucle with a light smattering of sequins, the other is the Missoni wool I got recently.   Bring on winter woolies!!
 Make 4:  This is going to be a simple wool skirt, using the McCalls pattern I got with a magazine last month. It is going to be the pattern showing white/turqoise skirt.  I ll do vertical stripes down front and then plan to use the fabric on an angle down the sides (assuming I have enough).  I bought this lovely lining fabric to match.

Make 5: Next up is another Simplicity dress. I love my first one, and this is going to be  a fabric combo.  My first one is quite a lightweight fabric and I think it will be even better with something with more body/shape so I ve chased thicker fabrics this time around.  The fitted top section is going to be the wool herringbone tweed (I know it just looks black in these pictures, sorry),  may add a bit of stripe round the middle, then the denim fabric for the skirt.  I need to play around with it.  It looks a better plan in reality than on the photo!  trust me...
 Make 6:  I bought this heavyweight Liberty fabric which I like because the colour pallet is very delicate but the fabric very robust.  I love this pattern, I ve used it once before and it fitted like a glove.  The last one was a very summery number, so this one should be much better for the coming months.
 Make 7: Last but certainly not least, the one I m most excited about- my black & purple wool fabric. Its a 1.4m repeat grading from black to purple. Im thinking black up top grading to purple at the hem.      I want to make it up as a really simple shift dress so the fabric can shine through without any interruption from the cut.  I m thinking of using this Newlook pattern I've got, but a bit longer than the one shown - but any better pattern options let me know,  I definitely want to add sleeves, how long they are depends on how far I can stretch the fabric once I ve cut out the body! Can't wait to be wearing this one this winter.


So that should keep me busy for a few months shouldn't it!!  I may not necessarily tackle them in this order, but I ll keep you posted with the results!  Keep an eye on my Instagram to see the garments unfold .  Any better pattern recommendations, let me know

Messyessy
x

1 comment:

  1. wow your going to be busy! Love the dragonfly fabric. Can't wait to see how they all come out.

    ReplyDelete